Wednesday 15 August 2012

Insight - Swami Vivekananda

I absolutely love this quote from Swami Vivekananda which I posted a few months ago.   His words sum up my views and beliefs succinctly.  I don't think this post got the attention that it deserves though, so I offer it again today in the hope that it may resonate with some of my readers, maybe give others the opportunity to pause and reflect.







'I accept all religions that were in the past, and worship them all; I worship God with everyone of them, in whatever form they worship Him. I shall go to the mosque of the Mohammedan; I shall enter the Christian’s Church and kneel before the crucifix; I shall enter the Buddhistic temple, where I shall take refuge in Buddha and his Law. I shall go to the forest and sit down in meditation with the Hindu, who is trying to see the Light which enlightens the heart of everyone. Not only shall I do all these, but I shall keep my heart open for all that may come in the future…’
- Swami Vivekananda (1863-1902)


click 'labels' to see insights by Martin Luther King, Luther Standing Bear, the Dalai Lama and more...

No comments:

Post a Comment